When looking to upgrade or simply start your collection of grills, BBQ’s, and outdoor cooking equipment, it can be tricky to find something that is both high quality and budget friendly.
You may find yourself having to sacrifice features that really matter to you just to stick to your budget.
We’ve done all of the hard work for you.
Below you will find 5 of the best gas grills under $300 that have all of the features you are looking for and that don’t skimp out on quality, durability, and that much needed cooking space.
We have also included an incredible buyers guide to make your next purchase simple.
All you have to do is take a look at our top picks and select what gas grill under $300 is perfect for you.
For times when you find yourself outdoors more than indoors the Coleman RoadTrip 285 is there to make sure you are always serving delicious food.
With 3 burners and a 285 square inch cooking surface, this grill is perfect for taking on your outdoor adventures.
While the prep surfaces of this grill are on the smaller side, this grill is equipped with swappable cast-iron grates.
You can easily swap them with stove grates or griddles to keep your dishes exciting and new.
Once you are finished whipping up your favorite dishes you can easily remove each section of the grill for easy cleaning.
Then pack it away by folding the legs and using the wheels for easy transportation.
This grill is great for packing in the van and taking on those family camping trips. It is even cheap to run as it runs on Propane.
However, due to its smaller size you may want to opt for something with a little more prep space if you are looking for a home grill to cook for the family.
- Easy to Clean. Removable parts make this grill keep your cleaning time under 20 minutes.
- Transport. Simply fold down the legs and wheel your grill to wherever you need to go.
- Swappable cooktops. Swap the current cast-iron griddles for ones of your choice to cook your favorite foods wherever you are.
- Adjustable Temperature. With 3 burners you have complete control over the temperature of each individual one.
- Size. Due to the smaller size of the grill there is little room for food preparation.
- GRILLING POWER: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- 3 ADJUSTABLE BURNERS: With improved burner technology for more precise temperature control
- LARGE GRILLING AREA: 285 sq. inches
- EASY SETUP: Sturdy quick-fold legs and wheels
- THERMOMETER: Integrated design for accurate temperature monitoring
If you are looking for a budget friendly grill that not only offers great quality but has a sleek, professional design, then the Cuisinart CGG-7400 Gas Grill is for you.
4 gas burners, iron cast cooking grates, and a stainless steel lid. This is the perfect grill to impress the neighbors with not only your grilling skills but also the quality of this amazing grill.
There are two sizable side tables where you may prepare or store food, and there is a total of 610 square inches of cooking space.
And don’t forget the nifty built-in bottle opener that is located next to the ignition knobs. A nice additional feature that makes Saturday grilling all the more enjoyable.
The stainless steel lid will keep your grill’s exterior from rusting however, we highly recommend investing in a cover to keep your grill looking brand new after each winter.
- Cooking Area. With a large cooking space and 2 large side tables, preparing and cooking food on this grill is simple.
- Transport. Use the wheels to easily move the grill in and out of storage with each use or to protect it during the wetter, colder months.
- Cooking. With four 11,000 BTU burners you can cook your food evenly to achieve delicious results.
- Easily Damaged. While this grill is made of stainless steel which is sure to last, it can be easily damaged with dents and bumps.
- COOKING POWER: Four 11, 000 BTU burners provide a total 44, 000 BTUs of cooking power
- COOKING SPACE: The grill is equipped with 443 square inch of cooking space with an additional 167 square inch warming rack
- CAST IRON GRATES: Heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates are great for retaining heat
- PREP SPACE: Two 18" x 13" side tables provide ample space for food prep
- CONSTRUCTION: Stainless Steel lid and control panel. Actual product may vary from images shown due to product enhancement.
This Char-Griller gas grill is equipped with 2 BTU burners and a handy side burner with a lid.
In less than 5 minutes your grill will be at the perfect temperature and make your grilling time even faster.
This lightweight grill comes with 2 wheels making it easy to move around even though it is on the larger side of grills.
The 630 square inch cooking area makes this grill perfect for serving large crowds throughout the summer months,
The Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro keeps cleaning to a minimum, This grill is equipped with cast iron cooking grates meaning that food is unlikely to stick and makes cleaning simple.
You can also detach the grates to clean the grates and burners without having to put yourself at risk.
The one drawback is that putting this grill together might be challenging, especially if you’re working alone or are not mechanically inclined.
It can be challenging to understand the grill’s directions because the language and visual cues are occasionally at odds.
- Cooking Space. With 630 square inch cooking space makes it easy to cook for a large crowd. The handy side grill also makes it easy to cook multiple ingredients at one time. Or keep your meats and veggies separate for vegetarians.
- Lightweight. Under 100 pounds and fitted with wheels this grill is easy to move in and out of storage.
- Fast Heating. Taking less than 5 minutes to reach 350 degrees, you can cook quickly and easily.
- Easy Cleaning. Cast Iron grates stop food from sticking and are detachable making it easy to clean the burners.
- Assembly. The instructions provided can be rather difficult to understand making assembling your grill a bit of a challenge.
- PREMIUM LIQUID PROPANE GAS GRILL - 40,800 BTU 3 Burner Gas BBQ Grill with a 12,000 BTU side burner makes grilling exceptional barbecue at home easy
- CONSISTENT AND EVEN HEAT - Three burners with independent control knobs deliver continuous and balanced heat across the grilling area
- LARGE COOKING AREA - 630 square inch total cooking area delivers great taste and bbq flavor: 438 sq in grilling area and a 192 sq in warming rack
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION - Made from tubular steel and built to last, this heavy-duty barbeque grill features dual smoke stacks for better ventilation and a stainless steel bbq thermometer
- BARBECUE GRILL FEATURES - Thick porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates for maximum heat retention, warming rack, large wheels for easy portability, and side workstation with barbeque tool set storage hooks
When you don’t have a lot of yard space to sacrifice for a large gas grill you may think that obtaining a grill is out of the question. This just isn’t the case.
With the Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Gas Grill is perfect for those with little room that want the smoky, delicious food that comes from a grill.
The Char-Broil Classic 360 has three inline stainless steel burners to cook your food to perfection.
It comes with a robust platform and two six-inch wheels to move about your grilling location.
You can be as creative with your dishes as you wish with the metal side shelves that allow you to have all of your favorite ingredients and spices on hand.
This grill’s firebox and lid are made of porcelain-coated steel, the best material for resisting rust.
There is plenty of space on a 170-square-inch warming rack to toast hamburger buns, side dishes, or anything else you wish to warm up.
With the push-button ignition, you can easily turn this grill on with one finger. Not to mention you can also create your own unique sauces and marinades with the side burner.
And in the event that any part of your Char-Broil grill fails to function there is a 5 year warranty on the burners, a 2 year warranty on the firebox, and a 1 year warranty on all of the other parts.
- Materials. Metal side shelves, porcelain-coated steel and three inline stainless steel are all highly durable materials that make up the Char-Broil Classic 360 Grill.
- Warranties. The different warranties that provide protection to your grill are all in place to ensure that if anything goes wrong, you have the right to get those parts replaced.
- Stand. Easily maneuver this grill with the sturdy stand and 6 inch wheels.
- Storage. While this grill is perfect for storing in small places there is nowhere to hang tools, utensils, or brushes.
5. Weber Q1000
Campers will be thrilled with this Weber grill’s mobility. Despite having only one burner, it has more than enough BTUs to cook a couple burgers.
The flame may be started with a push of a button, and the burner valve’s limitless control settings allow you to change the temperature as frequently as you’d like.
The strong grip handles make transporting this already super lightweight grill even easier. While the split grates allow you to cook up multiple dishes at the one time.
It even comes with a removable catch pan allowing you to cook up some mouth watering, crispy bacon.
If you find yourself outdoors more often than not then it is important to know that this grill runs off a disposable canister of liquid propane, or after the required adaptations it can be powered from a traditional tank setup.
Either way you can easily and quickly set up your Weber Q1000 to cook all of your favorite meals.
- Transport. Weighing less than 30 lbs this grill is super easy to lift and move to each location.
- Liquid Propane. Easily connect your gas grill to a disposable canister of liquid propane to begin cooking.
- No Assembly. You can start grilling straight out of the box as there is no need to assemble your grill.
- No Stand. You will have to purchase the stand separately in order to gain the full functionality of this grill.
Purchasing a new grill that fits your budget and meets your standards can be rather tricky.
In order to ensure you pick the right one we have created this simple buyers guide.
Below you will find the factors to consider when purchasing a new grill.
The size is generally one of the most important factors considered when it comes to purchasing a grill.
The overall size of the grill can have a significant impact on whether you purchase a grill.
While a larger grill will have more cooking space it will take up more room and can be difficult to store.
However, a smaller grill will be easier to store and transport, you may not be able to cook as much food at one time.
The grill area itself is a particular size factor to take into account.
Many grillers would wish to prepare food for a large group of people, but if you’re also trying to grill a big piece of meat, you’ll need to have adequate room for it.
In order to keep costs down and allow you to purchase your grill at a cheaper price, the grills above are not made of the most expensive materials.
However, just because they are not expensive does not mean that they are not of good quality.
If you happen to live in a wetter, colder climate then you will want to consider purchasing a grill that is made of materials which are rust- resistant.
This is typically stainless steel or cast aluminum made grills as these materials are strong when it comes to fighting off rust and are known for being long lasting.
You should also consider the materials to the wheels, cart, firebox, and lid.
While many will have painted steel exteriors this will not protect your grill from rust and erosion.
A stainless steel cart will have a seamless construction and welded joints which are often stronger.
Burners And BTU’s
A grill’s total size and the number of usable burners are often correlated.
However, the size and number of burners do not automatically make a grill more appealing than another.
A smaller grill with fewer burners and BTUs could help you save money on propane if you’re cooking for one person or just a few people.
It is also important to consider that grills that feature more burners but less BTUs could take longer to reach the desired temperature.
This can mean using more propane and spending more money.
They can also run at a cooler temperature than other grills that feature more BTUs and less burners meaning that it may be difficult to cook your favorite foods.
The ease of portability is a factor which you should consider before you begin even looking at grills.
Are you going to be grilling at home? Will you be grilling elsewhere? Do you have to store your grill at another location?
If you will always be grilling at home then you may prefer to purchase a larger, heavier grill as you will not need to maneuver it to another location.
However, if you plan to be grilling elsewhere whether at a friend’s house, the park, or camping then you will want to consider lighter grills that are easier to transport.
You will require a grill which has sturdy wheels and is under 100 lbs to make it easy to move to each location.
When purchasing a grill on a budget, you may often think that you have to sacrifice all of the cool features that make a grill attractive. This is not the case.
A grill simply having side shelves is a useful feature.
As you continue to grill, the side shelves are ideal for chopping, marinating, or seasoning your meat (see also our guide to seasoning a blackstone grill).
If space is at a premium, another option is a barbecue with fold-down or removable side shelves.
Another feature is a warming rack. A warming rack will help keep your cooked food warm whilst you cook side dishes or finish off another serving.
It will keep your ingredients at an optimal temperature to be enjoyed once everything is complete.
While each grill above is under $300 which may not seem like a drastic investment, you still want to ensure your product is protected.
A warranty ensures that if any element of your product fails to work then you can be issued a replacement.
Most grills under $300 will come with a 1 year warranty.
However, if a grill at a slightly higher price comes with a longer warranty, we highly recommend considering this product.
Frequently Asked Questions
When purchasing a new grill or your first grill for your new home then you may have a few questions.
We have answered some of the most common questions when it comes to gas grills.
What Are Gas Grills?
Gas grills are devices that mimic traditional barbeque grilling equipment in several ways.
The primary distinction is that the former is powered by gas.
The entire cooking surface can be heated more quickly than with conventional methods to get it ready for grilling.
Gas grills are also simpler to regulate. To adjust the heat, all you have to do is turn a knob, just as you would on a stove.
What Is The Difference Between A Natural Gas Grill And A Propane Gas Grill?
Propane gas provides more heat and energy per unit than natural gas, which creates less CO2 per unit.
Since it will burn hotter as a result, many contend that it offers a more genuine grilling flavor and sensation than natural gas.
Finding a high quality gas grill under $300 is not impossible. And you don’t have to sacrifice all those cool features that you really want.
Take a look at our 5 best gas grills under $300 to find the best grill for you, without hurting your bank account too much.
Make sure to consider your needs before purchasing and you will select the best gas grill for you.