The Ninja Foodi has many of the features that you’ll find on popular rival pressure cookers. This allows the pressure to release naturally; This is handy for those nervous about dealing with the hot steam or who want hand-off cooking completely. Below I go over how to use the Ninja Foodi deluxe water test.
Start by adding 3 cups water to the cooking pot, place the pressure lid on, turn the lid clockwise to lock, seal the release valve, select the pressure button. Set time 2 minutes, click the start button, let the pressure build, once the timer is done turn the pressure release valve to the vet position.
Once all the steam has finished releasing, you can open the pressure lid again. F.Y.I. for the future, most recipes will call for natural pressure release, in which you let the steam escape on its own, without turning the valve. Only use the quick pressure release if a recipe calls for it; you don’t want to get burned by steam because it’s twice as hot as boiling water.
You can View Ninja Foodi Air Fryer on Amazon
Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Instructions
The purpose of the pressure lid to tenderize, but To familiarize yourself with the Ninja Pressure Cook feature and start making all your favorite recipes, it is very much suggested for the first-time users/owners to do a first trial run.
- Place the inside pot in the cooker Ninja Foodi then add 3 cups of room-temp water to the inside pot.
- Now shut the Ninja Foodi by placing a pressure lid on. Following the arrow on the lid with an arrow on the front of the Ninja cooker base. Now turn the pressure lid clockwise; the lid will lock into place.
- Turn the pressure release valve to the SEAL position on the pressure lid.
- Now click the PRESSURE button on the control panel, the Ninja Foodi will automatically default to (HI) high pressure with the timer setting itself 2 minutes. Then click the START/STOP button to activate.
- The Ninja Foodi will start to build pressure inside the unit, with the rotating lights indicate the unit is building up pressure (about 8-10 minutes). Once fully pressurized, the Ninja will start counting down 2 minutes.
- When the 2-minute countdown is completed, the Ninja Foodi will make a beeping sound, switch itself to the Keep Warm mode automatically, then it will begin counting up.
- Then quickly release the pressurized steam by switching the pressure release valve to the VENT position. A fast blast of steam will flow out of the pressure release valve. After the steam is totally released, the Ninja Foodi is ready to open.
Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Chart
|Chicken breasts||2 lbs||Bone in||1 C.||High||15 Mins||Quick|
|Chicken breasts||6 small or 4 large (about 2 lbs)||Boneless||1 C.||High||8-10 Mins||Quick|
|Chicken breasts (frozen)||4 large (2 lbs)||Boneless||1 C.||High||25 mins||Quick|
|Chicken thighs||8 thighs (4 lbs)||Bone in/skin on||1 C.||High||20 mins||Quick|
|Chicken thighs||8 thighs (2 lbs)||Boneless||1 C.||High||20 mins||Quick|
|Chicken, whole||4–5 lbs||Bone in/legs tied||1 C.||High||25–30 mins||Quick|
|Turkey breast||1 breast (6–8 lbs)||Bone in||1 C.||High||40–50 mins||Quick|
|Ground beef, pork, or turkey||1–2 lbs||Ground (not in patties)||1/2C.||High||5 mins||Quick|
|Ground beef, pork, or turkey (frozen)||1–2 lbs||Frozen, ground (not in patties)||1/2 C.||High||20–25 mins||Quick|
|Pork baby back||2 1|
|Cut in thirds||1 C.||High||20 mins||Quick|
|Beef brisket||3–4 lbs||Whole||1 C.||High||1 1|
|Boneless beef chuck-eye roast||3–4 lbs||Whole||1 C.||High||1 1|
|Boneless pork butt||4 lbs||Seasoned||1 C.||High||1 1|
|Pork tenderloin||2 tenderloins (1–1 1|
/2 lbs each)
|Seasoned||1 C.||High||3–4 mins||Quick|
|Boneless beef short ribs||6 ribs (3 lbs)||Whole||1 C.||High||25 mins||Quick|
|Boneless leg of lamb||3 lbs||Cut in 1-inch pieces||1 C.||High||30 mins||Quick|
|Boneless pork butt||3 lbs||Cut in 1-inch pieces||1 C.||High||30 mins||Quick|
|Chuck roast, for stew||2 lbs||Cut in 1-inch pieces||1 C.||High||25 mins||Quick|
Ninja Foodi Natural Release vs. Quick Release
Natural Pressure Release: After pressure cooking is finished, steam will naturally release from the Ninja Foodi as it cools down. This can take about 20 minutes or more, depending on the volume of liquid and ingredients in the cooking pot. Throughout this time, the Ninja Foodi will shift to Keep Warm mode. Click the keep warm button to turn to Keep Warm mode off. After the natural pressure release has ended, You’ll see the red float valve will dropdown.
Quick Pressure Release: Use the quick release only if recipes call for it. After pressure cooking is finished and the keep warm light turns on, change the pressure release valve to the vent position to immediately free pressure through the valve. Some steam will still remain in the Ninja Foodi even after clearing pressure naturally or using the pressure release valve, The remaining steam will escape when the pressure lid is opened. Raise lids and tilt it away from you, to make sure none of the condensation under the lid drips back into the Ninja Foodi cooker base.
Note* At any time throughout the natural release process, you can change to quick release by changing the pressure release valve to the vent position.