This air fryer cod recipe with panko can win even the most ardent fish critics. Follow along to learn how to cook cod in an air fryer to perfection so you can create only 5-star dishes every time.
Over the last few years, air fryers have become the darling of infomercials. An air fryer is not a fryer. As a result, food is cooked and crisped with far less fat using a powerful convection oven.
How long should cod be cooked in the air fryer?
Is it worth it to invest in them? Yes, in my opinion! You don’t “need” one, but you’ll love it if you get one.
Air fry at 400°F for 15 minutes for cod loin or 12 minutes for thinner cod filets until fish is cooked through yet tender and flaky. Place the lemon slices on top of each piece of cod, then set in the air fryer trays or basket, depending on the model. Serve immediately with fresh parsley for garnish.
How do you, Cook Air Fryer Cod
- Place the quinoa, 1 teaspoon salt, and water into the pot.
- Assemble the pressure lid, ensuring the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set it too high (HI). Set time to 2 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- While cooking quinoa, stir the breadcrumbs with butter, parsley, lemon zest, juice, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Press panko mixture evenly onto the top of each cod fillet.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quickly release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid when the unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Lay asparagus evenly on top of quinoa.
- Place the reversible rack in the pot over the quinoa and asparagus, ensuring it is in a higher position. Place the cod fillets on the rack, breading side up.
- Close the crisping lid. Select BAKE/ROAST, set the temperature to A 350°F, and set the time to 12 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Cook for up to an additional 2 minutes if necessary.
- Cooking is complete when the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Serve cod with quinoa and asparagus.
Prep Time – 10 minutes, Cook Time – 23 minutes, Servings – 4-6
- 1 1/2 cups white quinoa
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 fresh cod fillets (5-6 ounces each)
- 1 bunch asparagus, stems trimmed