Many wonders if the Ninja Foodi can be used as a crock pot, given its multi-functionality as a pressure cooker and air fryer. The answer is yes, you can use the Ninja Foodi as a crockpot, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. It’s not a Crockpot; it is a pressure cooker, air fryer, steamer, dehydrator, roaster, and slow cooker. The term “crockpot” is a trademark owned by Sunbeam. (Also see Is The Ninja Foodi Dangerous)
These days, set it and forget it. Slow-cooking appliances are more popular than ever; it’s safe to say nearly everybody has either a Crockpot or a slow cooker. But while the terms “slow cooker” and “crockpot” are sometimes used interchangeably, is the Ninja Foodi a crockpot?
We’ll explore Ninja Foodi’s slow-cooking capabilities and provide tips for using it as a crockpot to help you get the most out of this versatile kitchen appliance.
Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO Features and Benefits
As a busy mom, I’m always looking for kitchen appliances that can make my life easier. The Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO is an appliance I’ve recently discovered. With its multi-functionality, this kitchen gadget can pressure cook, slow cook, air fry, dehydrate, and much more.
It saves me time by combining several cooking methods in one appliance and helps me make healthier meals for my family by allowing me to air fry with less oil. In this guide, we’ll look closer at the features and benefits of the Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO, so you can decide if it’s the right kitchen appliance for your family.
The Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO is a versatile kitchen appliance that replaces the need for 14 cooking tools and appliances. Its features and benefits include:
- Sear & Sauté directly in the pot: Using the bottom heating elements, you can sear proteins and sauté vegetables in the cooking pot without transferring to a stovetop.
- Oven safe up to 500°F: The removable cooking pot is oven safe, allowing you to finish your meal in the oven for a crispy top.
- Perfect for entertaining: With an 8.5-quart cooking capacity, you can make large meals for up to 20 people.
- Triple Fusion Heat Technology: Combining bottom, side, and steam heat, this technology allows for faster cooking times, up to 30% faster than conventional ovens.
- 8 cooking functions: Slow Cook, Sear/Sauté, Steam, Keep Warm, Sous Vide, Braise, Bake, and Proof.
- Included utensil: It is a multi-functional utensil that works as a spoon and pasta fork and has its utensil resting right in the lid handle.
- Easy cleanup: The nonstick pot allows for quick and stress-free cleaning. The utensil and glass lid are dishwasher safe, and hand-washing the pot is recommended to extend its life.
- Safe & easy to use: The PossibleCooker PRO is free of PFOA, cadmium, and lead.
- What’s included: 8.5-Quart Cooking Pot, PossibleCooker Base Unit, Integrated Detachable Spoon-Ladle, Glass Cooking Lid, and Chef Curated Recipe Guide.
Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO Sous Vide
Sous vide is an increasingly popular cooking technique due to its ability to create perfectly cooked dishes every time. If you have a Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO, you can easily try this cooking method home.
Here are the steps to Sous Vide with the Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO:
- Fill the Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO with water, and set the temperature according to your recipe.
- Place your food in a vacuum-sealed bag. Or resealable bag with the air removed using the water displacement.
- Attach the bag to the side of the cooking pot using a clip or the integrated detachable spoon-ladle.
- Place the glass lid on top of the pot.
- Let the food cook in the water for the recommended time.
- Remove the bag from the water and open it carefully.
- If desired, sear the food in the pot using the Sear/Sauté function to create a crispy outer layer.
Using the Sous Vide function in the Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker PRO, you can achieve perfectly cooked and tender meats, fish, and vegetables with minimal effort.
How to Use Ninja Foodi as Crockpot Slow Cooker
The Ninja Foodi has a slow-cooker function. You can prepare all types of slow-cooked recipes with just the press of a few buttons; there is no need to invest in a separate slow cooker. Prepare broth, soups, etc., using this function for excellent results, as other slow cookers offer.
To use the Ninja Food slow cooker in the future, add at least one cup of liquid to the inner pot and shut and lock the lid’s pressure. Make sure to lock the vent nozzle in the seal position. Adjust the temperature setting between (High – 4 hours to 6 hours) and (Low – 8 to 12 hours). Press Start/Stop to start the slow cooking process.
- Insert the cooking pot into the Ninja Foodi base and plug it in.
- Press the “Slow Cook” button on the control panel.
- Use the “Temp” button to set the desired temperature and the “Time” button to set the cooking time.
- Add your ingredients to the cooking pot and cover it with the lid.
- Leave the Ninja Foodi to slow-cook your meal according to your selected time and temperature settings.
- When the cooking time is up, the Ninja Foodi will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” function.
- Turn off the unit and unplug it from the wall.
- Serve your delicious slow-cooked meal straight from the pot.
Note: The Ninja Foodi can also be used for pressure cooking, air frying, roasting, baking, and more, making it a versatile all-in-one appliance for your kitchen.